Sunday, May 11, 2008

how to handle guys


I get lots of questions from younger gurls about this knotty subject. 'How to handle guys?' Gosh, how I wish I had a stock answer to that one. Perhaps there's a whole series of answer.. and just as many mysteries!!

1. Guys are always unique individuals.. except when they're in a man-gang when they usually behave quite differently. Here's an rather extreme example from my youthful Tgirl clubbing days - the drunken fella who called me a 'F**king queer' in front of his mates and. later that evening shocked me by brushing against me from behind, lingering long enough to give my bum a rough squeeze as he pushed a note into my hand. The note wasn't the death threat I expected but simply said 'You're gorgeous - call me' along with his name and number. And no, I didn't call him.. or rush over to his 'pack' waving his note and exposing his hypocrisy.

It's easy to forget that a man alone is so very different from the man out with his mates.


2. Guys are usually five times more nervous of us Tgirls than we are of them. Don't get me wrong. I love confident experienced guys but they can also be the worst kind of man-thing.
Yes, those yummy shy guys!! Be prepared to watch for the merest signs of interest from interested fellas. In their crazy man-thing heads they often think they're being forward and explicit when all they're actually doing is stealing a quick glance in your direction. If you like the look of him, catch his eye and smile your most honest open smile. Encourage him gently but don't make a move even if he doesn't take up your offer. I can't tell you how many potentially fab guys I've scared off by being too eager!!
Be prepared to do most of the chatting. Some fellas can talk you under the table but there's plenty of strong silent types out there who don't seem to notice or mind if the conversation is entirely you yakking away. I'm not saying yakk your head off automatically - just be prepared just in case, ok.

3. Are you sure you wanna lie with a man? If you're a young Tgirl with no previous man-thing experience, get ready to be shocked. Not wishing to come over as bitchy but it's quite easy to spot the inexperienced Tgirls when you're out at a club. They're the ones who look like a goldfish in an open bowl with a big bad puddy cat prowling overhead!!!

Girls, you may well have spent most of your life living as (or even pretending to be) a regular guy, but once you're out there in the big bad world dressed up in heels, slap and party frock - heavens, babes! You've entered the twilight zone. Get ready to forget everything you think you know. Generally, if interested, the man-things will either give you one of two looks -THAT SEXUAL LOOK followed by a hilarious twisted stare as they realise you're a Tgirl and not a GG (omigawd!!!) or -THAT SEXUAL LOOK followed by an even stronger 'wow' stare (deliciously powered by attraction). Whatever you do, don't stare back with a blokish 'Who are you looking at?' look. Keep it together. Focus on your amazing Tgirly core. And treat those looks for what they actually are - huge compliments.

Sweetie, the worst feeling in the world is to spend all day slaving to look lovely, then to step out and find yourself thoroughly ignored. And need I say it, you don't have to dress like a tart to look fabulous. Follow your heart and always dress to flatter your strengths, whatever cards the genetic lottery has dealt you.

Girls, we are gorgeous and if a guy gets close to us, he's likely in for a treat!

More on this subject down the line.. eeeeeeeeeek!

1 comment:

Svenja-and-the-City said...

Dear Lucia,
what a great weblog you have. I have rarely read so many truth about us T-Girs. Great!
Please keep hanging on.
Hugs, Svenja (T-Girl from Germany)